OUR INSTITUTION´S INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY
The IES El Arenal is a public technical school which belongs to the Consejería de Educación de la Junta de Andalucía (España).(Ministry of Education of the Andalusian Government)
Secondary, Further education and Vocational qualification lessons were taught in this center two years ago. Nowadays, we only teach Vocational Qualification level 3 and level 5 and GCSE for students with special needs:
- Basic Vocational Qualifications.
- Manufacture and Assemble.
- Electricity and Electronics
- Vocational Qualification Level 3:
- Electrotechnic installations
- Vocational Qualification Level 5:
- Labour Risks Prevention
- Design of Mechanics Manufacture
- Building and Civil Work Construction
- Industrial Mecatronics
Within the curriculum of every Vocational Qualification there are training periods at workplaces in different companies (FCT). Due to the current globalization processes and the European Incorporation, the economic crisis, the high level of unemployment in Spain in general and in the young people in particular, it is very important for our students, the knowledge of the business world and labour markets and develop the capacity to interact with other cultures and languages. The Professional experience abroad will allow them to broaden their professional expectations. Additionally, they will develop their abilities and personal and professional tools.
- The General Management of VQ (Vocational Qualification) and Permanent Education of the Andalusian Government takes part in The Permanent Learning Program of the European Union since 2007, supporting the measures regarding the mobility for students in Vocation Qualifications Level 3 and Level 5 and the training periods in the different companies in other European Union countries through Erasmus programs+. In this framework, EREIVET was established, a network of international institutions created by 14 European regions with responsibility with respect to VQ and the transnational mobility of the students and teachers in this educational level.
The aim is to provide a solid infrastructure to support the educational centers in order to grant the quality in the training period in different companies. With the intention of reinforcing the different European Institutions, the Director of IES Arenal took part in the International Partner Meeting in Bremen – Syke – Germany in 2015.
Furthermore, at the local level the relationships amongst the different directors of High Schools which take part in the different Erasmus Programs are fluid and regular. Therefore, they exchange information regarding in transnational experiences.
- Priority areas to carry out the mobility are:
Lower Saxony (Germany) and Ireland for those students with B1 level of English. Italy, Portugal, Bulgaria y Croacia for those students who don’t have English level, but capacities and tools to cope in the labour market in other countries.
- Aims and Objectives. The main aim is to increase the quality of the VQ at their workplaces. The activities of mobility will be oriented towards the VQ students Level 5 and teacher of the center.
- Complete the acquisition of professional competences of every certificate in the educational center.
- Acquire the required identity and professional maturity to the learning process in their professional lives and to be able to adapt to changes for the new requirements of the professional qualification.
- Complete the knowledge related to production, the commercialization, the economic management and the system of sociolabour relationships of the companies.
- Assess the most relevant aspects of the professionalism achieved by the students in their educational centers and certificate the required aspects in their business environment in real professional situations. The professional competences that the student should acquire in the training period (FCT) are the following ones:
- Capacity for planning, organising and managing works in an autonomous way an with inititative.
- Capacity to solve problems and contingencies in several contexts.
- Search of the quality of the work process, the product or service.
- Apply and integrate technologies and advanced and specialized knowledge in the work processes.
- Ability to adapt to new labour situations in a different economic system and using another language.
- To communicate using different efficient ways, transmitting the information or suitable knowledge and respecting the autonomy and competence of people taking part in their work field.
. INSTITUTION´S STRATEGY FOR THE ORGANISATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION PROJECT
Vocational Qualifications in Industrial Mechatronics, Mechanical Manufacturing Design, Labour Risks Preventions and Building Projects have a training period at the workplace. The possibility and opportunity of learning this training period in other countries would allow the students to be integrated as a professional in the field at their own country and abroad. This experience will lead to a personal and professional enrichment.
In order to organize and implement the mobility programs of the students and teachers, as well as foreign students in our center or nearby companies, the following requirements will be considered:
- Information in our web about European Projects that we take part in, explaining what they are about, updating the announcements, objectives and specific data.
- Carry out informative sessions to students about these projects.
- Information about the selection criteria of the students, taking into account the level of languages according to the European Framework of Languages, their educational background, the aptitude of the potential candidate granted by the Orientation Department. In any case, the principle of integration, solidarity and equality will be taken into account without sex discrimination and nationality.
- Fluent communication with Institutions or welcoming companies according to the professional profile of students in the training period, their learning results and the assessment criteria.
- Participate in European networks such as EREIVET.
- Positive attitude towards foreigner visits to our center accepting them and informing them about our projects in several communication forum.
- Promotion of the student mobility as an strategy to improve their process of learning.
- Assessment and analysis at the end of high school term of the different projects and the potential improvement proposals in previous years.
IMPACT OF OUR PARTICIPATION IN ERASMUS +
The participation in the program may lead to a possible impact in our institution and it is described as follows:
- Increase in the academic achievements according to the European needs of professionals and high level researchers. We expect an increase in the number of students and professionals taking part in the programs. Therefore, the use of these opportunities will be regular as far as the students and our staff are concerned. With respect to the students, this participation will increase their work placement, both in our country and abroad.
- Improve the quality and importance of the Higher Education. We are convinced that these programs will increase and match the concept of studying and training periods in the companies. Thus, professional capacities will be adapted and be more suitable to the real professional needs in order to combine the student environment with the professional world.
- Strengthen the quality through mobility programs and international cooperation. By means of increasing the participation of our students and staff in programs of mobility, the procedure will be more systematic and simple as years pass by. The participation in ERASMUS programs will allow to share and update the learning program in our student FCT training period. This is one of the challenge we expect from our efforts.
- Build up a rewarding relationship amongst our institution, the research and business reality in order to contribute the regional development and the academic excellence.
The knowledge of our students and staff will be revealed with the intention of increasing the professional quality of all the participants in our Vocational Qualification’s certificates. We will expect from our students the capacity of providing new ideas and different ways of working to the business environment as an employer or employee. For this reason, these relationships should be fluent and successful as far as our national companies and international companies are concerned in the training period.
- Enhance the governmental help policy help. As a public institution, our administration plays a fundamental role since the participation in these programs or in any program requires the authorization by the educational administration. We expect to increase our access possibilities to funding programs for the training and the recycling of our students.